One of your most valuable possessions is your car. The interior parts are the most vulnerable to damage, with stains left behind by food, drinks, and other substances. There are simple ways to clean it, resulting in a clean interior that looks brand new and provides more enjoyment while driving.
- Make sure all windows are open and AC is turned off so no chemicals will stay inside the car.
- Isolate the cleaning area. For example, if you need to clean your seats, move anything that might get in the way of cleaning (such as your floor mats) to another seat before you start. If you need to clean your steering wheel, put any coins, change, or sunglasses in a cup holder or somewhere else out of reach until step 4 is completed. Additionally, place an old towel or clothing item near where you’ll be working to prevent chemicals from getting on your car seats or floor mats.
- Wipe the cleaner onto your cloth first before applying it to leather seats to ensure there is no dirt left in between the cracks to avoid scratching; then buff away any excess dust left over by the cleansing process with another clean section of your towel (hairs which may still be stuck). Wipe directly onto the fabric of fabric seats.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the dashboard, taking care not to scratch it or leave any residue behind. Use gentle chemicals on this part of your vehicle to avoid damaging the paint underneath and causing corrosion. If necessary, clean the glass with a regular household glass cleaner.
- Remove your car’s floor mats and thoroughly wash them in a bucket of warm water with some liquid soap. Depending on how many mats there are, you may need multiple buckets to clean them; make sure that if you have more than one bucket full of soapy water, you thoroughly rinse out all soap before proceeding to the next step.
- Your floor mats should be dried outside on a clothesline or something similar after being washed and rinsed. The drying process can also be sped up by leaving them in the sun for a day because they will absorb some of the heat from the sun’s rays.
- Remove all of the carpets and hoses from your car, then spread them out in a location outside where you can clean each one individually without worrying that you’ll get dirt or debris in places it shouldn’t be. If you don’t want to remove the carpets, at least wipe them down with a hose that has soap in it to prevent any unanticipated accidents inside where they aren’t intended to be cleaned. Additionally, follow the instructions on the spray bottle used for application and rinse each section thoroughly after cleaning it thoroughly; if there aren’t any instructions for this specific type of spray, check other bottles in your cleaning kit for any additional information.
- To prevent dirt or debris from being ground into the paint while you’re driving, hose your car down with soap and water outside after the exterior has been cleaned. After that, dry each section by hand, gauging what needs to be dried first based on how wet everything is still. Some sections might not have much water on them, whereas others might have a lot.
Those are some easy and simple ways to give you interior of the car new look. NO TIME for all of those! No problem we at Proud American Carwash are ready to welcome you for any carwash and detailing services.
Visit us at Proud American Carwash Located at 20021 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364 and also Save 20¢ per gallon with purchase of any package of carwash.