Many individuals believe that washing their car on the street or in the driveway will have less of an impact than using a professional car wash. The fact is that cleaning personal automobiles at home is one of the most wasteful tasks we can perform. It is healthier for the environment if you take your vehicle to a professional car wash.
Commercial car washes use water efficiently and safely
Commercial car wash operations must discharge wastewater into sewage systems in accordance with federal legislation in the United States. The water is then purified and cleaned before being recycled into the local water supplies.
Contrarily, when you wash your car at home, all the dirt, oil, residue from exhaust fumes, and soap chemicals get flushed into storm drains, where they can kill animals and devastate delicate ecosystems.
The main environmental impact of car cleaning is water use. Water use for washing at home is often higher than for automatic car washes. Many commercial vehicle washing facilities recycle the wastewater that is gathered in drains, and high-pressure water nozzles used in industrial car washes use water more effectively than a typical garden hose.
Keep it green at home
Follow these recommendations if you wash your car at home to save the environment and prevent harmful chemicals from entering the rivers in our area:
- Pick a soap that is biodegradable, non-toxic, and doesn’t include any phosphates, scent, chlorine, or substances derived from petroleum.
- Don’t empty your filthy water bucket into your sidewalk, driveway, or street. Take it inside, then flush it down the toilet or sink.
- Check to see whether your automobile isn’t dripping oil or other fluids before washing.
- Never leave the hose running when washing the automobile with soap. Rinse as rapidly as you can.
- You should wash and dry your automobile using reusable rags.
Research before you wash
Before you wash your own car, look for car washing facilities that use eco-friendly products or self-wash facilities where you can bring your own safe products. If your looking for eco-friendly carwash look no further, Visit us at Proud American Carwash Located at 20021 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA 91364 and also Save 20¢ per gallon with purchase of any package of carwash.